Hello friends. Do you love Strawberries? I am sure you do! So in this Topic I’m going to show you exactly What Is A Strawberry? How To Eat Strawberry? Plus, 31+ Amazing Strawberry Benefits For Beauty & Health That You Never Knew!.
Lets get started…
What Is A Strawberry?
- 1 What Is A Strawberry?
- 2 Strawberry Nutrition
- 3 Calories In Strawberries
- 4 How To Choose Healthy Strawberries?
- 5 Strawberry Benefits
- 6 Strawberry Benefits For Eyes
- 7 Benefits Of Strawberry Sexually
- 8 Strawberry Benefits For Weight Loss
- 9 Strawberries In Cosmetology
- 10 Strawberry Benefits For Hair
- 11 Strawberry Benefits For Skin
- 12 Healthy Strawberry Recipes
- 13 Infusion Recipes With Strawberry For Treatments
- 14 Is Strawberry Good For Health?
- 15 Strawberry Side Effects
- 16 Conclusion
Spring is a pleasant time of the year in every country. Warm evenings and long-awaited holidays. In this season we get a lot of healthy vegetables, fruits, and berries. Today we will talk about strawberries. Strawberry is one of the most cherished fruits which we get in this season. It has a unique delicious sweet taste that attracts people towards them.
Strawberries grew for thousands of years around the world, in places with a favorable temperature regime for it. However, the taste of strawberries is appreciated after a long time. A few years later, the strawberries begin to serve at the royal table. Different recipes with strawberry like cocktails and pancakes truly occupy the top positions in the dessert menu of cafes and restaurants. Now it is available almost all the year round, although the most useful strawberry is the one that appears in this season. Nature has given very useful properties to the strawberry.
Strawberry is one of the most popular horticultural crops, which is caused not only by its unique taste qualities but also by useful properties. Strawberries were used for medicinal purposes even in the time of Hippocrates. Vitamins that are present in strawberries are fully absorbed by our body.
This berry contains a wide range of vitamins and minerals. It contains iron, magnesium, calcium, zinc, phosphorus, silicon, sodium, iodine, folic acid, manganese, potassium, and copper. In the strawberry, there are fruit sugars, vitamins of group B and vitamin C, carotene, folic acid, fiber, organic acids.
The characteristic of the food composition of strawberries is that it does not contain any fat and cholesterol. Energy value of strawberries is 46 calories per 100 g of berries, so it can be safely used by anyone who is conscious about his weight or tries to lose weight.
Calories In Strawberries
Strawberry belongs to the category of dietary products. It is an excellent ingredient for dietary nutrition and for people who want a perfect their figure. Caloric content of 100 grams of strawberries is only 46 kcal. It is suitable for weight loss because of its fat burning properties. So, the strawberry has a laxative effect and allows you to eat without consuming many calories. But you cannot eat it on an empty stomach.
How To Choose Healthy Strawberries?
Strawberries are a perishable product. And it is necessary to consume it in two to three days. Tasty and healthy berries have a rich red color and neat green hats. Still, fresh strawberries glisten in the sun. Don’t choose berries which have yellow or green spots. These specimens will be sour and not tasty. You will get more useful substances in a full ripped strawberry. Brown spots on the strawberry is a clear sign that the berry is overripe. If you buy strawberries which are packed in a container, so make sure that the berries are not packed too tightly. It will damage both the structure of the strawberry. The healthiest strawberry is the berry of the spring-summer season. Winter strawberries are not very tasty and useful. The difference between the “summer” and “winter” strawberries is their nutritional value, but it is also dependent on its place of birth. Every strawberry can be equally useful.
Strawberries are not just a tasty fruit, an excellent ingredient for desserts, but also an incredibly useful berry can save us from the appearance of many diseases and problems with the body. Strawberry has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties and has a general health-enhancing effect on the body.
• Strawberries contain organic acids, which contribute to the detoxification of the body. It promotes the removal of harmful substances from the body and relieves joints from plaque salts.
• Strawberry is widely used for cosmetic purposes. It is used to cleanse and nourish the skin and to achieve a rejuvenating effect.
• Berries are used for skin rashes.
• Strawberries are an excellent preventive tool against deterioration of eyesight and dry eyes.
• Its unique medicinal properties are used to eliminate intestinal disorders, metabolic disorders, inflammatory processes.
• Strawberries are recommended for anemia, exhaustion, and for the treatment of arthritis and rheumatism.
• The use of strawberries is beneficial for the patients with diabetes mellitus. Strawberry help to lowers the level of sugar in the blood.
• Strawberry has a beneficial effect on digestion, improves appetite.
• Strawberry is an excellent remedy that helps to neutralize the cancerous processes that occur during tobacco smoking, due to the presence of organic acids in its composition.
• It has a diuretic and diaphoretic properties that allow you to get rid of swelling under the eyes.
• Strawberry juice help to dissolve stones in the bile ducts which is very important for our body.
• Vitamin C, anthocyanin, camphoryl, folate, and quartzite are a small part of the flavonoids contained in the strawberry, which have anti-cancer properties.
• The inclusion of the strawberry in the daily menu slows the growth of cancer cells and serves as an excellent prevention of oncology.
• The presence of iodine in strawberries replenishes its deficiency in the body.
• The berry is very useful for the elderly. It rejuvenates the body, positively affects brain function, improves memory, stops the aging of the brain. Strawberry also help to normalizes the work of the nervous system.
• With the help of dried fruits and leaves and strawberries, we can make an infusion that helps with the cold. In addition, leaf infusion is used to lower blood pressure and vasodilatation.
• Strawberries are very useful at high pressure. Experts advise treating the issues of strength and anemia with strawberry infusion.
• Iodine in the strawberry in some way makes up for the deficiency of this trace element in the diet.
• Iron will help to fill the deficit of this mineral in anemia.
• To normalize metabolism and pressure, as well as a remedy against insomnia.
Strawberry For The Joints
A wide range of antioxidants is present in strawberries that help the body to purify itself of salts and acids, toxins deposited in the joints. Regular consumption of fresh berries will be an excellent prevention of degeneration of tissues and muscles, support the mobility of joints and reduce the risk of gout and arthritis.
Strawberry Benefits For Eyes
The lack of certain protective substances in the body often causes the appearance of eye diseases. The symptoms which can serve as dryness of the mucous membranes, degeneration of the optic nerves. Organic acids, vitamin C, phenolic compounds and flavonoids contained in strawberries stop the development of these diseases, and potassium normalizes eye pressure.
The Benefits of Strawberries for the Heart and Blood Vessels
Strawberries are rich in magnesium and potassium, which contribute to strengthening blood vessels, removing salts and fluid from the body and lowering blood pressure. These same substances, together with antioxidants, folate, and vitamins B contained in the strawberry, normalize the level of cholesterol and strengthen the heart muscle.
Benefits Of Strawberry Sexually
Sale of strawberry increased 17% after the announcement of sexologists. The British Institute analyzed all the popular fruits and decided that strawberries are the most erotic berry. Zinc, contained in its seeds, contributes to an increase in sexual attraction in both men and women. The appearance of strawberries in certain recipes help you to get complete benefits from its nutrient values.
Protection Against Avitaminosis
After the winter-spring period, many people suffer from the problem of lack of vitamins. Eating strawberries regularly in this season helps you to replenish the body with vitamin C, which is necessary to strengthen immunity. Folic acid (vitamin B9), which is also rich in strawberries, is necessary for the prevention of cardiovascular and skin diseases.
Vitamin composition, fruit acids, and carbohydrates, which do not strain the insulin apparatus of the pancreas, contribute to improving metabolic processes in the body.
Strawberries Normalize the work of the intestines and cleanse The Body
As a source of polysaccharides and organic acids, strawberry helps to normalize the composition of the intestinal microflora. They also help to bind and remove the body toxins and heavy metals. The pectin contained in it effectively acts against constipation.
Strawberry Benefits For Weight Loss
Strawberry promotes the breakdown of fats and the normalization of blood sugar levels. In addition, this berry is a low-calorie product that is suitable to add to your weight loss diet.
Strawberry Helps To Improve Mood
Aromatic substances contained in strawberries, stimulate the release of serotonin, improving mood. An antioxidant fisetin improves memory and thinking.
Strawberry heals The Cardiovascular System
Due to the content of salicylic acid, strawberry helps to thin the blood and prevents the formation of clots. This reduces the burden on the heart. Vitamin C, potassium, cellulose and polyphenols inhibit the absorption of cholesterol in the intestines, which is also important for the normal operation of blood vessels.
Strawberries In Cosmetology
Strawberry masks for the face and neck tighten the pores and dry the skin, help get rid of acne, nourish the skin. Fresh strawberry juice is used as a lotion for bleaching skin, lightening freckles and pigmented spots. And in addition, a strawberry slurry is recommended to apply to the skin, affected by ulcers, diathesis, eczema. Natural cosmetic masks prepared based on strawberries are used to whiten the skin, make it supple, help to get rid of acne due to antiseptic properties, have an exfoliating effect.
Strawberry Benefits For Hair
A recipe with strawberries for hairs will like by the girls whose hair has suffered from the paint. Take 200g of berries and an egg divided into protein and yolk. In the blender, combine strawberries, yolk and 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil. Mix in the blender well. Apply the product over the hair (on the entire length), wrap the head with a food paper, and on top with a towel. Leave for 30 minutes. Rinse with warm water, and then wash your head with your shampoo. You will notice the difference by yourself.
Strawberry Benefits For Skin
Strawberries are a real source of beneficial properties for the skin. It helps to fight against freckles and pigmented spots. It removes inflammation and reduces the level of fat. In addition, strawberries are an excellent tool in preventing early aging.
Since the strawberry season in the year is not particularly long, the means for caring for strawberries are applied by the course of different durations. For procedures, it is best to choose an on-season strawberry so that it does not contain unnecessary chemical elements. The most common method of using strawberries for the care of skin is skin-mask. It is easy to prepare, effective for skin effects, and their scent makes you feel in a real SPA. Here are some of the best mask made from strawberry to get skin benefits.
Strawberry Mask For Dry Skin
If you have dry skin, then you should follow this method to prepare a mask for your skin. Rub strawberries with a fork, add a teaspoon of fatty sour cream to it and apply it to the cleansed face. After 20 minutes, wash the mask prepared with strawberry with cool water. Apply the mask for seven days a week. The mask perfectly copes with the dryness of the skin, removes peeling, refreshes and fights with signs of aging.
Strawberry Mask For Normal Skin
If you have a normal skin, then this is your method to prepare strawberry skin mask. Rub strawberries with a fork, add two teaspoons of fat-free cottage cheese to it and apply to the cleansed face. After 15 minutes, wash off with warm water. Use this mask for seven days only. The mask nourishes the skin, lightening slightly. In addition, it increases the elasticity of the skin and accelerates its regeneration.
Strawberry Mask For Oily Skin
If you have oily skin, rub strawberries with a fork and apply it in a frequent form on the face. After 30 minutes, rinse with cold water. Use this mask for seven days. The mask narrows the pores, brightens the skin, removes inflammation and reduces fat content.
Strawberry Mask For Skin With Acne
This remedy will remove excess gloss and acne from the face. Pour some washed strawberries in the mashed potatoes. Take an egg and divide the protein and yolk. Mix the protein with the strawberry mixture and apply to a pre-cleansed face and neck. Leave for 20-30 minutes, and then rinse the mask with warm water. The mask can be used alone or in combination with a moisturizer.
Strawberry Mask For The Skin Around The Eyes
Berry will help even vulnerable thin skin, you just need to use it correctly. The best option is strawberry ice. For the preparation of ice, you can use both pure strawberry juice or diluted with water.
Freeze the liquid and wipe the area around the eyes with cubes every day. Antioxidants, which are rich in berries, will rejuvenate the skin and protects it from early aging. The small muscles surrounding the eyes will contract and then relax. It will be a small process from which the skin will not sag, and you will experience freshness around the eyes.
• With the help of masks based on strawberries, you can fine-tune the pores and dry the excessively oily skin. Such masks are also a great help for those who suffer from acne (acne).
• The juice of this berry helps many to cope with freckles and pigmentation on the skin.
• Strawberry juice and pulp are an effective remedy for wrinkles.
• Cosmetic ice based on strawberry juice will give the skin a fresh look. Wipe your face with ice cubes for the night.
• Strengthen the useful properties of lemon, honey or curd masks can be with strawberry gruel.
Healthy Strawberry Recipes
1- Refreshing water with strawberries, cucumber, lime, and mint.
• A glass of sliced strawberries
• A glass of sliced cucumber
• 2 limes, sliced with mugs
• A handful of fresh mint leaves
• Ice cubes
Put a layer of strawberries, cucumber, lime, mint, and ice in a 1-liter jar. Fill with water, close the lid and keep in the refrigerator for 5-10 hours.
Enriched with herbs, fruits, and vegetables, water will be extremely useful and tasty. You can use it after jogging or any exercising activity or to simply refresh yourself in hot weather. Such water will leave a pleasant effect.
2- Strawberry Salad with Avocado and Bacon
• Fresh strawberries (sliced) – 2 cups
• Kale cabbage – 6 glasses
• Avocado (chopped) – 1pc.
• Mayonnaise – 1/2 glasses
• Sugar – 2 tbsp. l.
• Vinegar – 1 tbsp. l.
• Poppy – ½ Tsp.
• Slices of bacon – 4 pieces.
• Salt, pepper – to taste.
Fry the bacon. Place on a paper towel. In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, poppy, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. Wash the slices of bacon with water and add to the dressing. Cut strawberry and avocado into thin slices. Separate the cabbage leaves from the stems, tear them into pieces and add them to the salad. Pour the dressing. Cool slightly before serving.
3- Strawberry Crostata with Custard (3 servings)
Crostata is an Italian open pie made of shortcake with various fillings.
• 250 gr of flour
• 110 grams of soft butter
• 60 gr of granulated sugar
• 1 egg
• A few drops of vanilla extract
• Salt to taste
• 130 ml of milk
• 40 g vanilla sugar + 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
• 2 egg yolks
• 2 tablespoons flour
• 400 grams of fresh strawberries
• Several sprigs of mint
• Beans for baking
• Add sugar and salt in butter and stir. Add the extract of egg and vanilla, stir until smooth. Then add flour in portions, after it kneads the dough. Form the dough into a bowl, wrap it in tape and send it to a cold place for 1 hour.
• Warm the milk in a saucepan. Stir the yolks mix up with sugar, flour, cinnamon, and warm milk until it gets smooth. Keep it on fire again.
• With constant stirring, make the sauce thick. Get the mixture to cool quickly by putting the saucepan in a large container of cold water, without stopping the cream to stir.
• Put wax paper on the bottom of the dough, sprinkle with beans and bake in a pre-heated oven for 30 minutes at a temperature of 150-160 degrees.
• Then remove the dough from the oven and wait to cool.
• After the cake has completely cooled down, put the custard and strawberries (pre-cut or whole berries) into it, decorate with chocolate chip.
• The top can be decorated with jelly which will give a beautiful gloss to the fruit, laid on the surface of the pie.
4- Strawberry-Lemon Granite
Granita is a dessert which is prepared from crushed fruit, ice, and sugar. This dessert is somewhat similar to slush, but the granite’s structure is denser.
• 1 glass of water
• 2 Tbsp. sugar (can be less)
• 500 g strawberries
First, prepare the syrup. Mix the sugar with water and heat it in a saucepan. Wait until the sugar will dissolve. In a blender, whisk the strawberries until they are mashed. Enter chill syrup and lemon juice in the blender and mix well.
Spread the mixture into small flat molds and freeze for 30 minutes. Scrape it off with the fork to the center when it gets along the edges. After that just leave in the freezer. It will be ready after 3 to 4 hours. Decorate with berries and serve.
Infusion Recipes With Strawberry For Treatments
• Make this infusion for diuretic, diaphoretic and rinse with angina. Take 200 ml of boiling water and ripped strawberries. Put all this in a thermos for 30 minutes, then pass it through 3-4 layers of gauze. You can consume 100 ml before eating.
• If you are suffering from hemorrhoidal hemorrhage, then this infusion will help you to stop the blood. In a thermos pour 1-2 tbsp of crushed leaves of strawberries for 40mins, then strain through gauze and intake.
• If you are suffering from osteochondrosis, mix the juice of strawberries and carrots in the proportion of 2×1 and drink twice a day for 30 days without interruption. Drink the resulting mixture not more than 100ml after 1hour of the meal.
• Chronic bronchitis – intake every day a drink of 200ml of strawberry juice and 50ml of hot milk.
• From neuroses, try the following recipe. Mix leaves and flowers of strawberries with red clover flowers (1×1). Take 1 tbsp of the mixture and pour 200ml of boiling water in it. Insist until the solution is warm and consumed. You can add 1 tablespoon honey in it.
• For insomnia, prepare a decoction. Take 200ml of water and 1 teaspoon of root valerian. Boil both things. Add 200ml of strawberry juice and drink it before bed.
• If you are suffering from furunculosis then make this lotion. Finely cut the leaves of strawberries and at night fill them with 200ml of boiling water. Use this lotion next night before sleep.
• To fight against the skin problems – mash the ripped berries of strawberries, put them on a linen cloth and make a 20 mm thick layer on your skin. Then wash with warm water.
Is Strawberry Good For Health?
Strawberries are an excellent diuretic, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial agent, very useful in diseases of the kidneys and urinary tract. It is recommended to be used in cancer diseases, diseases of the nervous system, memory impairment, low immunity, diseases of the oral cavity and digestive organs. This berry will enrich the body with vitamin C – one serving contains its daily rate. Vitamin C will strengthen immunity and protect against external infections. Also, strawberries contain antioxidants, which strengthen the retina and cornea of the eyes and prevent cataracts.
Strawberry Side Effects
• Strawberries are not recommended for people who suffer from allergic reactions to the components of berries.
• It is necessary to carefully introduce berries into the diet of children under the age of 3 because strawberries can cause dermatitis in children.
• In addition, one must remember that strawberries are contraindicated to people who suffer from appendicitis, liver cirrhosis and high acidity of gastric juice.
• Strawberries are also not recommended for people suffering from gastritis and peptic ulcer.
• Those who take antihypertensive drugs based on enalapril should be careful with strawberries. The substances of strawberries in combination with the drug increase the burden on the kidneys.
• Pregnant women and children under 7 years of age should not eat this berry in large quantities (maximum 100 g per day). They can get harmful effects from decoctions or infusions with roots and leaves of strawberries.
So, you can see that there are numerous benefits to this unique fruit and many benefits are still unknown. This is not yet finished. Strawberry has many more benefits which you can find in the researcher’s guide. It turns out that from the summer berries are obtained excellent means for caring for the body. Strawberry is an excellent skin care product. You can just regularly eat a berry to take care of your overall health of the body. It is your beauty partner also, you can use it to enhance your beauty. You can expect a more impressive result when you will use it. Strawberries are especially appreciated for its beauty and erotic properties.
Watch MORE: 5 Things To Do With… Strawberries!